How do I Join the CAPA Family?
Admission to the Creative and Performing Arts Academy at Auburn High School is through audition only.
Students entering grades 9th through 12th in the 2024-2025 school year can audition for the CAPA program housed only at Auburn High School. Audition location varies between West Middle School and Auburn High School.
Fall Audition Dates
- Saturday, November 4, 2023 at West Middle School
- 8:00AM - 11:00AM (7:45AM check-in)
- Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at Auburn High School
- 7:30PM - 9:00PM (7:15PM check-in)
Winter audition dates to be announced soon.
Students with accommodations documented on an IEP or 504 Plan will need to contact Beth Woods (CAPA Coordinator at Auburn High School) to discuss your student's specific accommodation needs. The IEP/504 Plan will be reviewed and audition options will be discussed. The Special Education and Psychology Departments may be consulted to develop the best plan for the student. The need for accommodations should be indicated on the online registration form.
In accordance with Board Policy 7.55
- If you are a current resident, in order to be eligible to audition for this special program, students must:
- Be enrolled as a resident student in one of the Rockford Public Schools OR
- Reside within the RPS 205 boundaries
- If you are a non-resident:
- Any student who resides MORE than 25 miles from the District's outer boundaries AND who is considered relocating his/her residence to the District may apply for admission to this program.
- Any non-enrolled student admitted to this program will be required to submit proof of residency BEFORE enrolling.