What is the CAPA Academy?
Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) at Auburn is an audition-only program for artistically gifted and talented students.
For the past 40 years, CAPA has encouraged passionate students to grow and pursue a lifelong love of the arts.
The CAPA program provides an in-depth fine arts experience in choir, band, orchestra, piano, dance, visual arts, media arts, theatre and technical theatre.
Students who would benefit from the CAPA program
Passionate and artistically talented in one or more of the arts: choir, band, orchestra, piano, dance, visual arts, media arts, theatre and technical theatre.
What makes the program unique?
- Provides intensive and professional experiences in the arts.
- Arts integrated curriculum through all subject areas.
- The only program in the district that offers dance.
- The only middle school program that allows students to take two year-round arts classes.
- Highly qualified fine art staff who are active in the local community.
- Produces highly skilled artists and technicians who are committed to the arts and are ready to enter the workforce.
How to audition
Yearly auditions are held for current students grades 8-11 who live within RPS 205 boundaries. Audition information.